Conditions of Booking for Hightide Kayak School GmbH
Booking is made upon the following assumptions
- That your attention has been raised about the Terms and Conditions relating to this booking, in particular, those concerning cancellation.
- That upon booking there is an understanding that all safety regulations imposed by the company will be observed.
- That the company is not liable whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property not caused by the negligence of the company or its representatives.
- That your attention has been drawn to the information on insurance cover including cancellation cover and the terms and conditions.
- That if you are unsure about a medical conditions’ relevance, that you will call and ask. Any disclosures will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- That our activities depend on Mother Nature. There are times when due to adverse weather the activity may be altered/postponed or cancelled.
We at Hightide Kayak School have the utmost respect for our customers’ privacy. In no way will we violate this philosophy. We will not release any information gathered about our customers. Customer information is collected for the purpose of processing your order. This information is kept confidential and is not shared.
Full Terms & Conditions for Hightide Kayak School GmbH
The customer can book directly with Hightide Kayak School or through one of its booking agents. With your booking you acknowledge the general terms and conditions between yourself and the organiser.
All prices on this website are per person, and include all equipment and guiding. The meeting point for our activities is by the Bönigen See bus stop, by the Seiler au Lac Hotel in Bönigen, Interlaken. Some of our trips require a minimum number of people to operate and a reasonable level of fitness.
Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent or guardian before being able to take part in any activity/course offered by the company. The parent or guardian need to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy themselves accordingly.
2. Payment Conditions
To confirm your place on tours and courses within Switzerland full payment is required. For trips abroad a deposit of 50% is to be paid when booking more than 30 days before. The remainder must be paid at the latest 30 days before the start of the trip. If the payment is not made on time the organizer has the right to cancel the contract and charge the annulment costs according to point 3.
Payment can be made directly to our bank account:
Hightide Kayak School GmbH, Am Quai 1, 3806 Bönigen Switzerland
Bank: PostFinance Ltd, Mingerstrasse 20, 3030, Bern, Switzerland
IBAN: CH22 0900 0000 6036 6557 3
Clearing No: 09000
Or through our online booking system at www.hightide.ch
3. Cancellation by the customer
The withdrawal must be in writing and cancellation fees will be calculated as follows:
- Half Day Tours, Family Sessions & Evening Tours
4 Days – 24hours before the start of the activity 50%
24 hours before the start of the activity/no shows 100%
- Day Tours & Longer Tours within Switzerland
More than 7 days before the start of the activity CHF50 administration fee
7 days -24hours before the start of the activity 50%
24 hours before the start of the activity/no shows 100%
- Tours and Camps Abroad
More than 90 days before the start of the trip 25%
90-30 days before the start of the trip 50%
Less than 30 days before the start of the activity 100%
If, due to late arrival, the customer cannot partake in the activity, no refund will be given.
For all our courses we recommend cancellation insurance.
4. Cancellation by the Organiser
4.1 Minimum no. of participants
With all our courses and tours there is a minimum number of participants. If the minimum number is not reached, the organiser can cancel the activity up to five days before the date of the activity without compensation. We will of course do our best to tell you as early as possible and offer alternative dates.
4.2 Cancellation before the start of the activity
Should the weather or nature, official measures, higher powers, safety or other factors make the course or tour difficult, dangerous or not possible, the organiser can cancel the activity. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses/tours actually run, the company will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable. The paid price will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
5. Programme and price changes before contract settlement
Programmes and prices are subject to change without notice. You will be notified of any change when booking.
6. Programme changes after contract settlement or discontinuation of the activity
The organiser maintains the right after settlement of the contract and also during the activity to change or discontinue the programme, if weather, nature, official measures, higher powers, safety or other measures demand. With a programme change during the activity, the organiser will do his best to offer, where possible, a change of similar value.
7. Discontinuation of the activity by the customer
If the participant discontinues or leaves the activity before it is over, there is no refund and all other costs additionally incurred are the responsibility of the participant.
8. Participation obligations of the participant, participation conditions
For all activities, good health is a prerequisite. It is the obligation of the participant to tell the organizer of any health problems. Under no circumstances can one participate when under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any other psycho chemicals which are similarly debilitating.
8.2 Safety Regulations
All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the company. Not adhering to the instructions or participation conditions of the activity may lead to the participant being excluded from the activity by the organiser. When exclusion from the activity occurs before the activity, the annulment conditions according to point 3 are valid, after the start of the activity there is no refund.
8.3 Care of Equipment
The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity/course. With the exception of fair wear and tear the company reserves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost or misused.
Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the customer unless any loss or damage is due to any negligence by the company or its representatives.
The participants are not insured by the organiser. The participant should have sufficient cancellation, sickness and accident insurance coverage (including sport accidents).
Photographs taken on Hightide Kayak School courses and tours may appear in Hightide Kayak School brochures and promotional material. If customers do not wish to be photographed please raise this with the course coach or guide at the time.
If the customer encounters any problem or difficulty, the company will try and resolve them as soon as is possible. In the first instance report anything either to the coach or to the management. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction please write to the Director within a period of 28 days at: Hightide Kayak School GmbH, Am Quai 1, 3806 Bönigen, Switzerland.
The company limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by law as follows;
- The company shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any other person
- As a consequence of any defect in any product caused by abnormal conditions of storage, treatment or handling or any negligence or wrongful act on the part of the customer or its employees or agents
- For any claim arising on an invoice issued more than 3 months before the date upon which such claim is received by the company
- Any failure by the company to perform any part of its obligations in these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The company’s liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by the company’s negligence shall not be limited.
10. Applicable right and legal venue
Swiss law is applicable. As exclusive legal venue, the parties agree on Interlaken.